Skype released a new version of Skype for Windows Mobile with improved sound quality and stability. If you don’t know what Skype is; in simple terms it let’s you make phone calls using the internet for free.
Using VOIP technology you can make free calls via the internet to any other Skype user or Instant Message them if preferred. It’s a great solution if you are aiming to make International calls, it’s cheaper.
Windows Mobile System requirements:
- Compatible device with either Windows Mobile Professional or Windows Mobile Standard.
- You need a minimum 12MB of free storage memory on your device to install Skype or 6MB free if you are installing from a memory card.
- Please note that data usage costs apply for using Skype over 3G mobile networks (EDGE, EV-DO and UMTS), so we recommend an unlimited data plan.
- WiFi connection or 3G/2G data connection (we cannot guarantee voice quality over 3G/2G. You may also be liable to additional data charges so please check with your operator before using)
- Use a headset for the best sound quality on calls.